Frode Thorsen and Siri Hilmen play music from Oxford’s Musical Clubs of 1720, inspired by the descriptions given us by Ludvig Holberg. The first of the Spring Concerts of Foreningen Antikk Musikk.
Bergen Barokk presents Wednesday 5 Feb. at 19:30 music from Ludvig xiv’s court. Music by: Hotteterre and Couperin. Venue: Gunnar Sævigs Sal, entrance free.
Reading on Slipped Disc that the freed Russian oligarch had wanted nothing more in his jail years than to attend a classical concert, Toccata label owner Martin Anderson promptly sent a batch of new releases to his hotel in Berlin.
Bergen Barokk has received NOK 300.000,- from Norwegian Culture Council and is suggested a placement of NOK 140.000,- in the Bergen city culture budget for 2014.
We wish you heartly welcome to our concerts this autumn. In the calender on the right you will find updated information on the projects. Below we offer you a shortlist of what’s happening:
- 28. September: Concert in Tingsted church, Denmark
- 29. September: Concert in Tersløsegaard, Denmark
- 3. November: Matiné at Bergen kirkeautunnale, Bergen
- 3. November: Evening consert with Suzuki Viva, in Skjold church, Bergen
- 28. November: Concert at Holbergdagene, Bergen
- 3. December: Particitation at Antikkmusikk’s festive concert at Holbergdagene
Furthermore, you can find the musicians of Bergen Barokk engaged in several other ensembles and projects, Hans Knut Sveen (harpsichord) offers alone a whole series of solo concerts:
- 13. September: “Bachkantine” with Hans Knut Sveen, at Griegakademiet (Bergen Culture Night)
- 26. October: Franz Vitzthum with Stefan Lindvall, Siri Hilmen og Hans Knut Sveen at Osafestivalen.
- 31. October: “Ein guts Liedlein”, concert with Hans Knut Sveen at Bergen kirkeautunnale
- 17. November: Hans Knut Sveen and guests, at Chagall, Bergen